Welcome to the first post in my new guest post series! Every other week or so, I plan to showcase a guest blogger. To kick us off, I have the lovely Silvia giving us her best approachable tips to stay healthy! I will put her social media links at the end of this blog, so go give her a follow!
Hey there guys! Hope everyone is having a great day! Well this is exciting cause today I get to be a guest post on the blog of this talented blogger. Okay so today I am going to talk about staying active and healthy and I am going to give you a few tips and tricks that I have found work for me.
So let me start with this: I know that it is hard to want to go the gym everyday and eat nothing but leaves and a carrot as your diet. I mean to me that is no way to live; I love burgers and pizza and chips and pasta which are not the healthiest things to eat, so I try to have everything in moderation and work hard on portion-sizing which I swear can help you get healthier. Trust me that is a big thing that you can do to get healthy and that is very different than being skinny. I mean everyone wants to look like Hugh Jackman or Gigi Hadid but seriously how possible is that if you have a full time job or career, a family, or a life to be honest not very possible unless that is all you are going to do. I don’t believe in killing myself to be healthy but that is not to say that I don’t like to workout because let me tell you I love to workout and do my best to stay in shape which has gotten harder for me as I have gotten older cause you know life. Haha.
Let me tell you a little about me. I am in my late 20s and I have uterine fibroids and that is another reason, with age, which has made it hard for me to stay in shape and I really need to be healthy so nothing else goes wrong with my body. Oh just another day in paradise I swear I’m not bitter I’m just commenting on my own situation. Haha. Anyway here are a few of my tips and they come from a real person who has a life and just tries to stay healthy cause that is way more attainable then looking like a supermodel for Victoria’s Secret.
Tip # 1: Your diet is the biggest way to work on getting healthy it is 70% of the process and exercise is 30% of it.
- Meal prep (I love it but it is not for everyone trust me I know)
- Take snacks to work and have a tea or coffee or homemade smoothie in the morning
- Portion control (this is huge when you want to get healthier)
- This is a big one because you can have the stuff you like but this option lets you start small cause you start by just cutting down your portion and then move to the other options (I think this is the best way to start but to each their own)
- Try to eat 6 or 7 small meals a day
- Drink lots of water and stop drinking soda or sugar based drinks
- This will also help your skin get better if you have problems with that like I do
- Start small and make your changes attainable do not start with a drastic change cause if you are like me you will not stick to it.
Tip # 2: Working out is great for not just your body but for your emotional and mental state too.
- Join a work out class it is easier to work out with others then to start alone
- Have a work out buddy (this makes you more accountable to stick to things)
- Do small things when you are at work or at home or out and about
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator
- Do squats when you clean the house
- Have a dance party with others or by yourself
- Go to a theme park and walk around all day
- Do dancing at a club with your friends or on date night
- Park further away from your destination and walk to it
- Do a light work out at home like crunches, push-ups, and squats
- Join Zumba, or another dance class or cycling class or a cross fit gym they kick your butt and they are so fun!
- Getting active helps you feel better mentally because it releases chemicals into the brain that helps you relieve your stress and that helps with your emotions and it makes you feel good when you look in the mirror!
- Just get up and get out there! You can do this!!
Tip # 3: Have fun and don’t make yourself miserable doing this but you do need to commit your self or it will not work for you, trust me I know from experience.
- Always remember that if you want it then you can do it! You just have to remember that you are doing this for you and that you are the one that will have all the benefits or all the downfalls
- You are worth all the work that you will put in!
- Anything that is worth having is going to need work put into it and you will enjoy it that much more when you hit a goal!
- Remember that no matter who you are I believe in you and I know that you can do it cause if I can, you can to!
- Believe in yourself and you can do anything (that is something I learned by trial and error)
I know these things don’t seem like much but they can make a big difference and they can really help you to achieve your goals because they are more attainable. Making things fun helps you reach those goals too! Hey, no matter who you are, you are worth it, and you are worth the time you put into this. YOU CAN DO THIS!!
This is something that I work on everyday and it has really helped my self-esteem and has kept other things from going wrong with my body. Well I hope that you guys take away something positive from this post and that these tips help you guys out. Thank you to this amazing blogger for letting me be a guest on her blog and please don’t forget to show her mad love and subscribe to both of us so you never miss a post! Always remember, sweethearts, that you totally rock!